Friday, March 5, 2010

Spring is in the Air!

I can't tell you how thrilled I am that the days are getting sunnier and warmer. I am so very ready for spring, and so are my fellow DT members over at Scraptiv!ty. We're having a Spring Fling Contest that will last from now until May 1st (National Scrapbooking Day) and includes 6 challenges. The prize is a guest Design Team spot for 2 months. That means you get 2 Scraptiv!ty kits to play with! You can check out all of the details here.
The other great thing about sunny days is that they bring great natural light for me to photograph my pages. This weekend I was at my local scrap store. I was dropping off some DT work and then going to pick up a Birthday present for my Mother-in-law. I was not going to buy anything for myself (I know, I can hear you laughing). Well, I just happened to walk past the new Studio Calico papers and FabRips embellishments. Of course, I had to buy some. Here's a page I made with Studio Calico's Homefront line.
What I love about this finished project, is a few of the unexpected details. Check out the journaling a little closer:
I embossed a piece of paper with the Quickutz Retro Square embossing folder. It goes so well with the feel of the Studio Calico papers.
The title was cut using my Silhouette. Man, I love that machine!
And, of course, I couldn't help adding a few brads from Basic Grey and a grommet from We R Memory Keepers.
Now I'm going to go out and enjoy the sun!

No comments: