Monday, November 23, 2009

Beautiful Boy

Way back at the beginning of October I won a free Scrap kit from the Fiskateers and Little Yellow Bicycle. First, a little plug. If you're not a Fiskateer, check it out over at www.fiskateers.com. Tell them Samantha T. #6363 sent you. The unique thing about the Fiskateer community is that it's all about people who 1. Love Fiskars and 2. Love to craft. This is not a paper crafts only community, it's people who love to sew, knit, do floral arrangements, and/or paper craft.
Also, if your not familiar with Little Yellow Bicycle, you can check them out here. LYB does beautiful papers, funky embellishments, and (my personal favorite) fabulous board books. They even have paper that's pre-cut to fit their mini books. I've made quite a few baby books for gifts this way!
Alright, on to the layout I promised. The hardest part about this layout was deciding what to use. The scrap kit I won was so packed full of beautiful papers and lovely embellishments from LYB's Autumn Bliss line that I couldn't decide what not to use! I know you've all been there...you just can't decide which side of a double sided piece of paper you like better.
First up is a page called Beautiful:That Beautiful Boy is my youngest. I took these pictures just at the beginning of fall when the weather was perfect and the grass was still green! The papers used here are Bronze Tonal, Autumn Argyle, Blue Linen, Multi Geometric, and Autumn Stripe. What photos can't show is the great texture these papers have. Some of the parts of the paper are shiny and raised a bit (I believe they call it Thermography over at LYB). I also used the Clear Cuts Shapes and the Epoxy Stickers (all from the Autumn Bliss Line).

Here's a close up of some of those Clear Cuts, Epoxy Stickers, and some hand stitching I did:The second page of the layout is called Bliss:
The papers used here are Bronze Tonal, Multi Geometric, and Autumn Stripe. I again used the Clear Cuts Shapes and Epoxy Stickers.
The Clear Cuts and Epoxy Stickers really add depth and dimension to the layout.
Hint: I used a fine tipped glue pen to adhere the Clear Cuts to the paper. I just traced the pattern with glue, that way the clear cuts are adhered, but you can't see my glue through them. Here's a close up of some of that detail:
One last picture of the pages side-by-side as they are meant to be a set. I hope you enjoyed this layout...oh, and if you want to see everything in this gorgeous collection click here to go directly to LYB's Autumn Bliss page on their web site. As you can tell, I really enjoyed working with this collection, it's just perfect for those great fall pictures!

1 comment:

Lydia said...

what a wonderful 2 page spread, great fall colors