To make one of these:1. Cut Tim Holtz Grunge Board to 1”, 1 ½” or 2” with. I used pre-embossed Grunge Board, but you can use the plain GB and emboss it yourself.
2. Paint the front side (the side with the bumps) of the GB with any kind of acrylic paint (I used Adriondack and Claudine Hellmuth). When the front side is dry, paint the back side. I painted all of my back sides a white, almost clear color so the color of the GB color could show through.
3. Sand the front side until the paint comes off the raised pattern, exposing the GB on the raised pattern.
4. Ink the front side of the bracelet. Then use a wet paper towel to wipe the ink off of the bracelet. The ink will wipe off of the painted areas, but not off the exposed GB (at this point you can add a clear, shimmery layer of paint or Glossy Accents if you like, but it is optional).
5. Add a way to fasten the bracelet. I set a snap into the bracelet for a fastener.
6. Add some embellishments to the bracelet. I sewed most of my accents on, I figured they would hold longer sewn than glued.
This one was done with purple paint and grey ink. I sealed over it with a pearl paint to give it a pearly sheen. I sewed on a pearl and crystal beads for the embellishment.
This one has green paint and brown ink. I traced and cut 2 flowers from the same Grunge Board I used to make the bracelet. I painted both flowers brown, then sanded them and inked them with a lighter brown ink. I sewed the button and both flowers onto the bracelet.
This one was painted red with grey ink. I set My Mind's Eye Red Lush Brads into the bracelet. I'm not sure how comfortable it will be having the brad ends on the inside of the bracelet, but I'm going to try it out.
This one was painted with blue paint and sponged with blue ink. I used a pearl paint on this one as well. The big metal flower is a decorative grommet from We R Memory Keepers. After setting the grommet, I sewed a button in the center.
This is my other favorite. It was painted with tan paint and inked with brown ink. The cork button is from Pink Paislee's Queen Bee line. I sewed it and the tan button onto the bracelet.
If you try these out, I'd love to see them. Just leave a link in the comments.